Domestic Violence Lawyer Joseph Galera
Can Protect Your Future
Charges related to domestic violence, such as: assault, sexual assault, harassment, and telephone obstruction can lead to penalties that risk your freedoms, your job, your ability to spend time with your children and your ability to obtain a loan. The consequences are significant, far reaching and scary. More specifically, charges related to domestic violence will lead to:
- Potential jail for up to 2 years and, in some cases, potential sentences to prison;
- Domestic violence treatment that is determined by a mandatory evaluation that classifies you in to various domestic violence offender categories;
- A mandatory protection order that may prohibit contact with your spouse, limit contact with your children, and prohibit you from possessing a firearm;
- Mandatory fines, court costs and other costs associated with domestic violence treatment; and
- Mandatory prohibition against owning or possessing firearms.
The penalties are not strictly limited to criminal courts but your spouse may initiate divorce or modification proceedings and use the domestic violence charges against you to obtain greater parental rights and time with your children.
Furthermore, you employers may terminate your employment and you stand a risk of losing any professional licenses you currently have.
Experienced Legal Advice
Contact Dunsing, Deakins & Galera, LLC, immediately if you have been arrested or are facing charges related to domestic violence. These charges require experienced and skilled legal advice that has come as a result of handling hundreds of cases. Don’t wait until this serious situation gets worse.
You need a domestic violence lawyer who can navigate the court system and eliminate or lessen the potential consequences that a domestic violence charge can have on your life.
Contact Dunsing, Deakins & Galera today to speak with attorneys who care about your future and can help you make the best decisions for you and your family.